Welcome to my blog – love you to read these descriptions if you want more of a perspective re our show…
Melbourne programme order
- From the toxic utopia of ‘Our Day will Come’ ….
- to….Valhalla –a steampunk super heroine, where a bittersweet triumph is stripped to the bone
- Horses– satirising the sexuality of being in the saddle and bondage.
- The ex Great Redondo – A magician’s assistant turns the tables on the great man himself.
- Group Bondage– a gratuitous parody of bondage – satirising the bimbo blonde, the coquettish woman.
- Blindfold– inspired by Spirit of Ecstasy on the bonnet of the Rolls Royce.
- Memory – captured inside a moment of time…a caged bird looking for a safe place land…where it all begins.
- North Korean Traffic girl with an attitude problem explores women in uniform, as signallers and authority figures who subvert and override the male construct.
- Marching Girls – White Knights, marching girls redux – a 21st century take on a great kiwi icon.
- Pikelet– a wholesome recipe from the Edmonds cookbook for a satisfying life, from the deeply sexist annals of Aunt Daisy and her home cooking wisdom.
- Venus – a new take on the hallowed image of Botticelli’s virginal Venus. From the half shell to the shell shocked.
- Green Girl– Based on the martial arts video game: Combat girl Tekken duking it out Xiaoyu fighting style, meets…Suzie Wong fighting for street corner superiority in Old Hong Kong.
- Nurses– an excursion into deep fetish, from colonics to inoculations. A tribute to nurses as sex objects, Bond Girls and custodians of bodily functions.
- Punk Cancan – where it started out; raucus, raw and raunchy.
- Summertime– Tennessee Williams meets gym bunnies. A saga of sweat, sex and satisfaction.